San Miguel Consolidated Fire Protection District
Financial, Personal and Private Information
(For Employees, Consultants, Contractors, Volunteers and Other Designated Individuals Who Conduct Business on Behalf of the District)
As an employee, consultant, contractor, volunteer, or other designated individuals who conduct business on behalf of the District, I may have occasion to come into the knowledge and/or possession of personal and private information relating to other employees, consultants, contractors, volunteers, or other designated individuals who conduct business on behalf of the District. I hereby agree to follow District rules for the protection of information to which I have access and to keep such information private and confidential.
I understand that employee information from any source, including information about another employee that comes directly from that employee and in any form, does not belong to me, belongs to the District, is private and confidential, and is available to me solely because of my relationship with the District as a District employee, consultant, contractor, volunteer, or other designated individuals who conduct business on behalf of the District. I agree that I will not disclose to anyone or to any entity, private and confidential employee information to which I have access and shall use it solely for the performance of my official duties for the District. I also understand that through Great Plains, TeleStaff, testing, and other systems, I may have the capacity to access employee information outside of my area of responsibility. I agree NOT to access employee information of any kind outside my area of responsibility, without express written authorization from Executive Staff per the current Organizational Chart.
I FURTHER AGREE THAT:
- I will only access information that I need to perform my job.
- I will protect and maintain the privacy of employee information of any kind.
- I will keep my passwords secret and will not share them with anyone for any of the systems cited above as well as other District-wide technology systems that may be in use.
- I will keep my passwords and/or access codes secret for inner office password protected files, data, and other programs and will not share them with anyone.
- I will not use anyone else's password to access District files.
- I will log off any password protected applications each and every time before leaving my workstation, regardless of the length of time I will be away from my workstation.
- I will not show, tell, copy, give, sell, review, change or discard any confidential information unless it is part of my job.
- I will not misuse or be careless with confidential and sensitive information.
- I am responsible for any access using my passwords.
- I am responsible for my use or misuse of confidential information.
I am aware that my access to confidential information may be audited. I also understand the consequences of my actions related to this policy. Failure to comply with this agreement will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of my employment and/or the termination of my contract or other working/intern/partnership agreement at San Miguel Consolidated Fire Protection District and/or civil or criminal legal penalties.